Omelette with Mushrooms
The omelette we made is light, crispy and easy to make! We got our inspiration from a recipe featured in a South African magazine; “Women’s Health” namely; “Goats Cheese (Chevin) and Feta Omelette”. See the Youtube link HERE .
In our version, we omitted the cheese and tried it with mushrooms… Here is the recipe:
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons milk
Freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon butter
Finely chopped fresh Italian parsley and a few sprigs of basil
1 finely chopped spring onion
- Lightly whisk the eggs, water and milk to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
- Slice 4 medium sized mushrooms, spring onion, parsley and basil. In a small pan, melt 1 teaspoon butter and gently cook the mushrooms. Set one side.
- Add the butter to a medium size pan and heat over a medium heat until the butter begins to bubble and foam.
- Give the eggs another good whisk until frothy and pour into the pan.
- Cook the omelette for one to one and a half minutes.
- Season the face of the omelette with salt, then sprinkle mushroom mixture over one half of the omelette.
- Using a fork, release the edges of the omelette. Flip over and slide onto a plate. Eat and enjoy!